Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I run a 20 feet coaxial cable without any evident issue

Hi thanks for the interesting information.
Great brand Canare indeed. I had the l-2t2s, i remember an excellent construcion of both shield and wires ... it showed quality.
I do not want to sound crazy but i also built an extension cord for the headphones ... amazing ... the headphones sounded better when connected with this extension cable ! (with Neutrik connectors).
From that moment i had the feeling that cables are important and i see very good headphones for instance with silly connections ... and sold as high-end ... unbelievable.

However ... speaking again of digital i did not checked with the scope honestly, so my experience is only related to the fact that the connection has always worked just fine ... no drop of signal or whatever.
I guess that the quality of RCAs for the digital signal is of paramount importance. That any "honest" coaxial (i much prefer the stiff one with teflon insulation ... i love deeply teflon) should work ok.
Thanks again.
Kind regards,
bg

Edits: 03/15/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I run a 20 feet coaxial cable without any evident issue - beppe61 01:48:51 03/15/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.