Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Auralic Aries in house, here too.

Yes, just got mine this last week and very impressed with the sound quality too.
Better sound than Mac mini using Audirvana+ . I'm using USB hard drive directly and it's great. No disc noise.

I had about 10 albums it couldn't read correctly as they were DFF so used Yate to change to DSF and add metadata. This is all new to me and it only took a few tries before I got the hang of it.

Two problems I have is there are two albums that I cannot get to show up at all no matter what I try. Deleted files and then checked metadata then reimported etc. still no show.

Also for some reason my Resonessence Herus Dac works with standard usb but not a dual battery powered usb cable. This has to be the Herus as polish mag used this cable successfully.

My only other issue is volume control. Too loud if playing flac with dsf files in the playlist. If software control selected it wil not play dsf files in said playlist. So it's one or the other.

About to subscribe to Qobuz for streaming.

Most fun piece of gear I've had for a long time

Cheers

Smart

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Auralic Aries in house, here too. - smart845 00:54:30 03/15/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.