Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: NOOB Question: Computer far from DAC

To be as concise as possible.

I have 8TB of music sitting on two G-Tech 4 TB drives attached to a mac mini. I run MiniMserver software. This library serves three full systems via ethernet. One system is a Simaudio 380D DSD DAC with the MiND streaming module built in, one is an outboard MiND 180 streamer feeding a Bryston BDA-2 via AES/EBU, and a SOtM Mimi Server feeding another BDA-2 via USB.

I have everything stored in FLAC. CD rips CD quality downloads, and HD downloads. FLAC (and ALAC) is a dream for ease of tagging.

I tag all CD rips at the time of the rip, with art, and 100% accurate album, artist, etc info with XLD.

If I have to correct any tags I use the amazing little tagging utility called xACT.

I have found most of the downloads I have purchase have tags I find acceptable. In the cases where I want to change, them I simply use xACT to change the art, the album title, etc.

I use an iPad and the appropriate app, Simaudio has their own, to scroll and play any file or folder, everything organized by artist and album.

Hope this helps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.