Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Curious... Why 24/48?

The only part of your post that I take exception to is the (implied) denigration of LPs . . .

What I take exception to is that I asked what I'd hoped was a fairly straightforward technical question the likes of which I've answered scores of times here the years but found myself in some cases being not helped but "put in my place".

My conclusion - I stand to be proven wrong - is that those who brag of their expertise with this sophistico-filter and that non-linear gaphloonky at 100 million bits per odd-number leap year are not perhaps as competent I'd assumed. Pity, that.

There is little reason to believe that age is a factor in sound quality from LPs,

How many LPs do you have that were recorded, say, before the mid, late 1950s? IME, 78s (and compilation LPs made from 78s) recorded in the 1930s and 40s, whatever the genre, typically sound as good as, if not better than, LPs from the early 50s, track length restrictions aside.

D

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.