Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Yeah - I didn't have good luck with JRiver Media Center

As a Mac user, I don't know if something happened in the download or what, but occasionally as I was listening, in between tracks, JRMC generated this HUGE burst of noise that sent the cat bolting from the room and my wife into heart palpitations. So I don't dare use JRMC these days. (My wife jokingly asked if we could sue them for mental anguish!) I just assumed they were further along in their development on the PC than they were on the Mac, but I'm not eager to take a chance with them again.

So I've been using Audirvana, but things are not entirely well with Audirvana either: somehow, after about 3-4 months of use, it started to lose the right rear channel during multichannel playback. (And indeed the Audirvana readout shows playback of a 4.1 file rather than a 5.1 file, even though the DAC readout shows 5.1 conversion still available.) The actual AIFF files are OK, and all 5.1 channels of the multi-channel files play back fine with VLC Media Player, so I'm thinking something must have gotten corrupted with the Audirvana SW.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.