Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: it makes perfect sense?

And 16G Ram increases power consumption and noise in critical areas of a computer where it is not needed for audio reproduction.

And when I showed you that my Mini draws a mere 11-watts with 16GB of memory while playing music, you went off on personal attacks instead of replying to my question asking you how much power your music PC draws and why you spec'd a 210-watt linear power supply for it. Must be a power hungry & noisy PC!

How does placing a dac and a computer on top of each other, alongside a large EM generator of a big power supply reduce 'unwanted' noise thru enabling power saving firmware and software?

That setup was not about noise or sound quality. As I explained to you several times, it was a 'functional test' after installing a filter and linear power supply. A preliminary test if you will to determine that the installation was successful. It was not a 'listening test'. Do you have a comprehension problem?

Edits: 02/20/15 02/20/15 02/21/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.