Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Seeking Help With Late 2014 Mac Mini USB Hi-Speed Bus

Abe- Thanks again for your help in this matter. Under any conditions the battery powered SOtM DX will only connect to what is shown as the USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Hub which appears to be a different term for what I have known as a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Hub.

Thank you for your advice that "If the other devices are not actively in use while playing music the chance of conflict are pretty slim." I did discover though that moving the 128GB Kingston HyperX USB 3.0 flash drive from the USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus to the USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus made a profound improvement in sound quality probably because as you put it the flash drive was in conflict while the SOtM DX was in use.

I would like to say that from recent listening experience my personal opinion is that the new late 2014 Mac Mini runs very much quieter and sounds worlds better than either of the Windows 7 desktop or Windows Vista laptop computers that I own ever did. Thank you for helping me to hopefully get the Mac Mini to sound even better as the digital front end in my audio system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Seeking Help With Late 2014 Mac Mini USB Hi-Speed Bus - Maxxwire1 14:30:20 01/27/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.