Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Perhaps one of you

Lab test(your quote)-
"Listeners could significantly discriminate between files recorded at different sample rates only for the orchestral excerpt, the only recording of a complex scene with different musical instruments playing in a medium concert hall. This finding provides support for theories that high-resolution formats better reproduce the details of transients and room acoustics.

"My point -
"Not sure the study proves anything other than that the converters and down sampling algorithms may impose a sonic signature. "

You say -
"Either you understand the concept or you don't."
I understand the concept but I question whether or not this study "...provides support for theories that high-resolution formats better reproduce the details of transients and room acoustics."

There's no need for your disingenuous paraphrasing, nastiness and name calling. Either one buys into the suggestion that this test supports the theories of high resolution formats as better reproducers "..of transients and room acoustics" or they don't. You buy it - I don't (at least not completely) and I laid out my reasoning for my position.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.