Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Look at figure 2!

Sure several files recorded at 2 different sample rates - not 2 files one converted from the other (as you seem to believe I am suggesting - the decimated file being the other, third, case). From figure 2 I see two different converters, 2 different clocks and two different recorders recording at different rates. Everything from the placement to the connectors in this set up should be suspect. Additionally from the verbiage we know a single converter operating at 2 different rates is applied at playback - we are supposed to assume identical performance at both rates during recording and playback.

The fact the results agree with your expectations is enough for you to accept the assumptions. It's too much for me.

From first hand experience - good luck with that 2 identical component idea and further had no differences or the wrong differences been heard in with this setup the first thing that would have happened is the setup would have been assumed to be wrong. Changes would then have been made until the desired results were achieved. Usually this is an honest attempt to get at the truth as flawed as it is - and it actually kind of works when the results are already known in advance and expected. Not so good when trying to present a proof of something.

And even if I did accept the veracity of these test results, it hardly matters when we are talking about mass marketed recordings to be played back on a portable player now does it?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.