Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: So now that you have QB9 - do you care about those 20% (staying with your "math")?

The computer-side tweaks I've tried with my QB-9 have made little to no difference in SQ. Memory playback, JPlay, a $$ USB cable seemed to make very slight sonic improvements but they were on order with upgrading a power cable - seems to help but I wouldn't bet my paycheck that I could distinguish the difference blindfolded. Other stuff I've tried (mostly other software eg, HQPlayer et al) made no difference that I could tell. Most recently, I compared my PC (SMPS) w/ JRMC to a MacBook Pro (battery power) with Audirvana. The Mac set-up sounded a tad more liquid and relaxed but, again, I wouldn't bet my paycheck that I could distinguish them blind.

My conclusion is that the QB-9 is more-or-less immune to computer-side tweaks (the review on Computer Audiophile obliquely said the same thing). Of course, it could also be that the QB-9 is such a POS that it masks any attempt to improve its SQ!

Having said that, I know of others who reported significant improvements in QB-9 SQ by tweak the transport. Go figure . . .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: So now that you have QB9 - do you care about those 20% (staying with your "math")? - Beetlemania 12:04:07 01/26/15 (1)
    • +2 - AbeCollins 16:18:48 01/26/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.