Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: That wouldn't be Michael "the whole world is going back to vinyl" Fremer, would it? [nt]

I thought you were not on the same page with the other thread below ripping brick wall filters but you seem to be OK with MF doing so. I may be wrong and do understand the part about MF liking anything digital. I've always thought brick wall filters sucked and were only needed if you were obsessed w/ a O-scope readout and NOT with what you actually hear. People who have seen a scope readout w/o a brick wall go that's terrible! Sure an amp "may" try and reproduce it but since most speakers can't and most humans can't hear it if they could it's moot. It's similar in my mind to my passive bi-amp where I use no electronic crossover. My HF amps clip light NEVER lights from LF info, only from a sharp guitar note or snare drum or similar sound that is near the crossover frequency which in my case is 2.5K.

My two cents....

E
T

ET

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: That wouldn't be Michael "the whole world is going back to vinyl" Fremer, would it? [nt] - Awe-d-o-file 10:32:52 01/26/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.