Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Windows 8.1 - An everyday setup

I'd like to refrain from posting your thread too. I know nothing good comes out from messing someone's thread. However, you're providing misleading information like Fidelizer becoming obsolete after you put shutting down service scripting so I came here to clarify that it is not true. I already made a thread to explain it's not marketing bullshit of scripting stuff and you repeated it. That is all.

But since you're commenting on related works that could replace Fidelizer, allow me to correct your statement here.

1. MMCSS API is used by Foobar and can be configured under advanced features.
: That simply ask foobar to use MMCSS feature not configuring it. Fidelizer configure MMCSS on the fly and activate changes to Windows. By setting foobar to use MMCSS doesn't mean it can replace Fidelizer's works. Do you know how I configure MMCSS using Fidelizer or how foobar works with MMCSS?

2. Foobar also offers a Thread-Priority feature that relate to the audio thread only. Lifting the program up itself can also make a difference.
: That's foobar's audio thread priority not Windows' core audio ones. You can examine from Process Hacker software and see that it set thread priority of foobar application. This is good feature but it has nothing to do with what Fidelizer does to multimedia realtime control level. It has different configuration paramenter from foobar ones.

3. Kernel Timer resolution changed under Windows was brought up from Cics long time before you even started your project/product. Quite some time before that I was doing it under Linux. Several Linux kernels had 1ms/1000Hz by default.
: Indeed and I didn't trying to take credits from this. Linux has 1ms but Windows can have up to 0.5ms which is better and much better when combined with properly configured clock resolution in MMCSS on good systems. Just providing additional information since you brought this up.

4. Beside that I compared the Fidelizer results with my own setup. Yep. I'm that fair. At least I had a reference.
: To be fair, I accept people opinions. I didn't butt in your thread when you made whatever comments about Fidelizer after using it. It's your opinion and I respected those rights you have though. The reason I butted in this time is for correcting information about my software that could be misled again after long effort to correct it.

The issues in previous thread was caused by fmak spamming nonsense to ruin the topic. Thanks to admin's good judgement that the whole thread was spared for some useful information.

You have your own choice whether to stick with Fidelizer or leave it. No one can stop you but I don't think bashing Fidelizer with misleading information whenever you have chance to do isn't good manner.

You maybe annoyed with anti-theft stuff I put in but that's not the reason for your pointless assumptions like bringing your partner fmak saying Fidelizer can mess up machine from just using it while many others posted in your thread that they don't have any problem with it except few odd ones like driver glitches or incompatible tweaks with Fidelizer, etc. Well, they can state opinions but it's not like Fidelizer is actually the cause of blue screen. Not when they use default configuration.

I hope I made my points clear and things can be settled peacefully since you're enjoying system that you have everything in your control now.

Regards,
Windows X

Edits: 01/23/15 01/23/15 01/23/15 01/23/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.