Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Many say Win 8.1 sounds better than 7.

That's a good point about streaming content. I've only just begun to look into these alternate OS systems, perhaps there is one that enables you to port online content, I don't know. I imagine there's a good deal of open-source stuff out there to investigate. You mikght look at the Raspberry Pi gadgets, they are surprisingly powerful--a friend loaned me one and there's a lot of potential there. At any fate Daphile is worth a try, I think you'll be impressed with the difference. My wife, who has very sharp ears, and who generally refrains from commenting on the various evolutions of my system, volunteered last night that this is the best it's sounded in years (meaning since I made the switch to PC audio).

So far I've kept the viideo stuff seperate, using a Blu-ray player for streaming content. That's why I like the Arcasm, it's got six inputs, and the coax and optical are as impressive as the USB. It's a great "hub" for a multi-componet system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.