Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I moved to Tidal today from Spotify

It's a built in feature. Like Audio Hijack, it can take over a stream as a source and you can control it with the PM interface. I can't tell you more, because I am not yet operational here. I still need to route a firewire and a USB cable through a wall to the i/o interface and DAC for use with PureVinyl and my table. I read about the feature in the manual.

A nice feature in PV is the ability to also switch different sources on the interface, so I can have a tape deck or a tuner running into the interface and can set each for gain, RIAA, etc. per source. This means my system will be all-digital and every source will be able to enjoy acourate room correction filters, including the analog ones by way of the Audio Units plugin. I just need an analog switch box to toggle between my tuner and my Nakamichi on inputs 3/4 on the impact twin. Nifty. I look forward to evaluating how vinyl sounds this way vs. through my former Classe Dr-6R with TKD stepped attenuator. I suspect that the advantage of the NAD's high-bit depth digital volume control, DSP RIAA and RC will trounce the old hot rod. Now I just need a new table and cartridge.

Edits: 12/19/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I moved to Tidal today from Spotify - PaulN 14:21:16 12/19/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.