Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Serious about trying? Definitely. Seriously expecting positive results? Not really.

Not to mention the very unpleasant consequences, if that is indeed the case (re-ripping).

I'm going to try sighted listening first, using 4-5 tracks that usually are very helpful in revealing slightest differences. For instance, direction of a stock fuse in any given piece of equipment - not to mention aftermarket fuse vs. stock.

If I don't think there's any difference, that's where it will stop. If I do, the next steps will be what I outlined before, including wife's help with randomizing names using GUIDs.

My setup is such that music on audio PC is on 1 TB SATA HD (still waiting for SSD pricess to fall to the ground). I rip to an identical capacity SATA HD in USB enclosure, attached to a laptop, and then copy the music to audio PC. So, there will be at least 1 copying step involved (2, if I use USB stick instead, to move them to audio PC), in case it makes any difference.

Also, as I mentioned, it will be a test for 2 different drives - laptop's built-in vs. external.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Serious about trying? Definitely. Seriously expecting positive results? Not really. - carcass93 08:58:53 12/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.