Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Enough Computer Audio Mythology

my mqnplayer is there to try with different control programs, no one that has tried it says they haven't heard a difference. Maybe self selecting, but without suitable measurements it's all we've got.

I'm going to create a program that reads and outputs a wav file to see if the effect can be heard in different players, the sound can be made better or worse.

talk of buggy software is just childish, the last 2 versions only changed in terms of process/thread priority and switching thread boost off and the code is at such a minimum that it just reads file to ram and writes from ram to ram in play program, the only differences are settings in opening the file, ram alignment, ram security settings and compile/linker settings. The play program is even more optimised being just 3.2 kb as until recently I thought the control optimisation didn't matter.

If the effect is repeatable and other people are reporting the effect on their systems without prompting then don't see the requirement to ensure ram is identical etc, if others want to test that then am happy to provide code to help them do that. Sometimes an effect is too much for some people and they prefer one version over another. Needless to say most people trying it have better resolving systems than I do. They seem to like the bugs.
http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.