Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Amazon Fire TV Stick - A Google Chromecast Killer

blu-ray player?

I have two of them in the basement along with a couple boxes of Blu-Ray Discs, and they're so last decade. ;-)

This device takes zero shelf space as it plugs into the back of our TV and it has more built-in Apps and services, additional downloadable Apps (w/o doing firmware updates), personal streaming capability, and more content partners than what is available for our Blu-Ray players.

Being purpose-built like the AppleTV, Roku, and other similar small boxes and tiny HDMI 'sticks', the menus and navigation are a lot faster and better designed vs what I find on Blu-Ray players and smart TV's where these capabilities are secondary.

Being a tiny HDMI plug-in device only slightly larger than a USB thumb drive, it's also portable for travel. The remote is also small.

At $39.95 the Fire TV stick is cheap for what it does. At the promo price of $19.95 I had nothing to lose and we love it!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Amazon Fire TV Stick - A Google Chromecast Killer - AbeCollins 07:54:54 12/11/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.