Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: An insolent provocation .... if a usb dac is very well design (and built) the pc quality should not matter

Hi and thanks a lot for the very interesting advice
First i have to say that i am not in the position to judge seriously the quality of a digital sourse having a very low level set-up
I can also say that lately the average quality of the digital source seems to me quite good. I like even the sound coming from a Panasonic BR player. So my system is hardly high rez (and maybe also my ears).
But i am in the process to try a usb to spdif converter and try it with different digital PC sources (laptop Apple and Windows, desktops) just to hear for differences.
And i like the idea to be able to use the pc with this interface and a nice vintage dac.
But i have understood that while the asyncronous usb transmission has a very interesting potential is not easy to do it rightly.
Thanks again

Kind regards,
bg

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: An insolent provocation .... if a usb dac is very well design (and built) the pc quality should not matter - beppe61 23:21:55 12/10/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.