Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Amazon Fire TV Stick - A Google Chromecast Killer

Just got my Fire TV Stick today which I paid a whopping $19.95 for on a special pre-order promo. This thing is awesome! In addition to a number of typical services like Pandora, Netflix, Spotify, Hulu, etc., as an Amazon Prime subscriber, I get a boat load of free Amazon Prime Movies & Amazon Prime Music... which also includes streaming of complete CD albums that I have previously purchased from Amazon.

The tiny 'stick' plugs into an HDMI port on the back of my wall mounted TV and connects to services via wifi. No clutter and no cables to deal with.... except for a small USB power module. Just plug in the stick, it pairs with the provided remote, quickly connects to my wifi, and I'm ready to go.

If you are already an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can hardly go wrong with the Fire TV Stick (or the more powerful Amazon Fire TV box).

Between my Apple TV box and the Fire TV stick, I have just about every streaming service covered... in addition to my own content residing on my Mac that I can stream to the family room setup.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Amazon Fire TV Stick - A Google Chromecast Killer - AbeCollins 21:20:02 12/10/14 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.