Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Thanks, Apple

Glad you got your issue resolved. It's not a bad idea to keep a hardwired keyboard and mouse around even if you never use them. They sometimes come in handy for troubleshooting bluetooth pairing problems.

My wife was preparing her old iPhone to give to her nephew so she mass deleted all of her contacts and calendar events thinking she had them on her iPad. This is not the right way to prep an iDevice you plan to give away! Upon subsequent automatic iCloud backups, it backed up her now blank iPhone contacts and calendar. I tried to restore via iCloud but there were no entries for those Apps! And since her iPad is sync'd with her iPhone those entries were missing on it too.

A quick call to Apple Tech Support solved the problem even though none of her iDevices are under warranty or an Apple Care support contract. The tech was able to restore her contacts and calendar remotely from a two day old backup after about 15 minutes on the phone. He stayed with us on the phone until we verified that it worked. Wife lost two days worth of contacts and calendar entries at most.... which amounted to nothing... and it saved her from having to manually type hundreds of entries into each App.

This was operator error on her part but a good backup to the automatic iCloud backup is to save an archive of your calendar and contacts to you local disk, or via hardwired iTunes backup via USB from your computer to the iDevice.

In any case, we are very pleased with Apple Support. Their support is consistently rated #1 in Consumer Reports and various tech journals by a large margin over other computer / smartphone / tablet companies.

Edits: 12/08/14 12/08/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.