Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: My Hard Drive Episode..

I've been an Amazon customer forever and even though their prices are not always rock bottom, they're usually competitive and their service is second to none.

You do have to be cautious sometimes with products that are fulfilled by 3rd party sellers rather than Amazon. And depending on the 3rd party seller's returns policy you sometimes have to pay for return shipping. I know that you cannot always buy items that are fulfilled by Amazon because they may be out of stock so 3rd party sellers come into play.

I've had Amazon Prime shipping forever and usually try to buy products that are Amazon Prime eligible even if that means it's ever so slightly more expensive than 3rd party seller prices with shipping. I have Amazon deliveries appear on my doorsteps a couple times a week.

I bought a $1000 Sony product via Amazon fulfillment / Amazon Prime several months ago. After trying the Sony for two weeks, I returned it for a full refund no questions asked, almost. Well, they did ask and in the comments box, I just said it was buggy and not ready for prime time. They paid for return shipping and UPS came by and took it off my hands.

Glad you had a backup and your return process was hassle free.

Edits: 11/23/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.