Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

My Hard Drive Episode..

Well, my 3 TB Seagate firewire drive failed, on which I use to feed my systems all my CD rips and hi rez downloads.

I keep two back ups. Ordered a replacement drive, a G-Tech 4 TB 7200 firewire unit from Amazon. By they way I absolutely love Amazon. In 15 years I have never had any thing but satisfaction. The handful of times I had to return items there was NEVER any questions asked, shipping was paid for, and a full refund was provided.

I received my replacement drive, which btw, was sold by a third party seller, which I also have never had an issue with. When I hooked up the drive, it mounted as "Editing Machine" which made suspicious as according to the start guide, should be "G-Drive". I also noted there were 98 "hidden folders", this all led me to believe the drive was previously used and returned. But it was flawless cosmetically, and all accompanying accessories were wrapped. But the drive was not covered in plastic..a bit unusual.

I returned it, no questions asked, noting I thought it was either refurbished or previously used, received my refund, and a new drive.

It was factory wrapped, mounted as "G-Drive" and all is well. Very impressed with G-Tech.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - My Hard Drive Episode.. - Sprezza Tura 11:50:48 11/23/14 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.