Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: A week with the iFi Micro iDSD

First, thanks for your reply and supplied information.

To clarify, when I used it on the desktop I was using it with a MAC/Audirvana combo. Drivers not an issue.

-"Wake Up Pop" occurs even when volume control all the way down. I am using it in hub power mode, so I am not even sure why there would be battery circuit engaged.

-I got one thing wrong..it was in FIXED mode that the DSD/PCM pop would occur, and this was with a SOtM mini server, again no drivers required. I did not notice it on desk top.

-To address your other notes, I do not believe it is a system issue for the following reason. I was sufficiently impressed with the Micro that I purchased a Nano, which I just got.

Channel tracking is perfect, even at low volumes. This applies to a competitors product with a variable volume control as well. I have not changed anything, same USB cable, same computer, same software, powered monitors are set to 50% of available gain.

Secondly, there is no wake up pop on the Nano.

Again, sonics were beyond reproach. If I was going to buy a Micro, which I may very well do, it would used in fixed mode for my needs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.