Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

One or the other depending on available remote apps

I'm thinking the UI should be on my cell phone - rarely will I want to go to the system to make adjustments.

Currently I'm using desktop on one system and an iPod on the other. Ideally I would like a phone app to control the DAP connected to a SS hard-drive.

My thinking is the DAP is going to be close to the DAC and both are going to be close to the system. The less mass, voltage and hardware involved in the process the better.

I had an OPPO-BD95 here for a couple of years but the monitor/networking requirements were just to much of a hassle. In fact I would prefer no monitor at all - just a cell phone app.

I'm approaching 3000 albums in my digital library (most are recordings off of vinyl).

I need to check it out but an AppleTV or AppleTalk might do exactly what I want - connect directly to a harddrive and allow me to select what to play on a iPhone app.

I'm using a Cambridge Audio DacMagic for the PC (via 30ft cable) and an hrt iStreamer DAC for the iPod.

I'm looking to replace the iPod/iStreamer with a Schitt DAC & a remote controlled DAP with a HD interface.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • One or the other depending on available remote apps - Goober58 12:38:37 11/11/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.