Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I dig having a larger display

just makes it more fun and involved. Does it effect sound quality? I suppose some will argue it does, but my system still sounds as good or better than it did with my CDP, so for me there are no issues.

As far as making selections with a media player, there is usually at least some sort of small display, if only text. The Sony has a display that shows the album cover and if that's all you need then your on your way...

SACD will certainly play via JRiver Media or other modern players. JRiver is a good sounding and well thought out music player/manager. Check it out. Many DAC's today are DSD capable to handle SACD rips.

Storage is no problem with a 3 or 4 TB USB hard drive. Storage is cheap. Remember to back up and back up your back up!!

I've heard backing up and restoring a one box media player can be a challenge so look into that. Me thinks media players sometimes use encryption. So, restoring to a different device could be a problem. Check it out.

Edits: 11/11/14 11/11/14 11/11/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I dig having a larger display - JeffH 07:05:31 11/11/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.