Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: iTunes users, where are your booklet files?

Yes I add all of the PDF booklets into iTunes, I also compile scans of any relevant material into single PDF booklets using the built in Preview app which makes it very easy to do.

iTunes also makes it easy to add the PDFs and view them full screen whilst listening to the associated artist, or doing anything else if so inclined.

All that is required to associate them to a given album is that you complete the Album & Album Artist fields with precisely the same info.

To allow viewing any/all of your booklets from one place you can also create a Smartplaylist in which you assign the rule that -Name- Includes -Booklet-, Booklet being the word with which you can entitle your PDFs following the album title.

Once in a playlist as such you can readily export them all as a group to any other pdf viewing application, I use iBooks on my iPad which makes for a handy portable document library and remote control of the master library audio playback too.

I have 60,000+ titles in my library which are meticulously catergorised by every specific defining aspect I need for pretty much every genre one can think of, including extensive classical music metadata, and athough I no longer use iTunes for direct replay of my audio, the repository of which is stored on networked media drives, I find iTunes is still the most powerful, complete and user friendly as well as configurable data base for all of my music requirements.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: iTunes users, where are your booklet files? - coolhand 17:51:52 11/04/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.