Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Disagree with the FLAC Recs.........

Good grief. We were arguing about stuff like this 10 years ago, and every single blind test I tried on skeptics resulted in no appreciable difference between FLAC vs. WAV on their part, and that was with PCs built 10 years ago. We have advanced a bit since then yet you are still maintaining (based on purely unscientific "feelings") this mindset?

Sure, if you personally feel you can hear some magical difference, go ahead and stick with uncompressed, but stop presenting your unscientific findings as the truth on the matter, when it is far from it.

The frustrating part is that some person unscientifically arrives at the conclusion that they can hear a difference (which is almost a foregone conclusion unless you are using blind tests...you tend to hear what you want to hear unless you don't know what you are listening to, as has been shown countless times), and then makes some ridiculous logical leap that therefore everything they think is correct and everything else everyone else says is just plain wrong. It's just laughable at this point.

Edits: 10/30/14 10/30/14 10/30/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.