Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Merging HAPI as digital transport

Hi Thorsten.

Thanks for the post.

"Hardly."

It is starting already. It won't happen over night. But once the unicorn format of DSD, everybody's phantom darling is decoupled from USB, it will accellorate.

"Merging Tech makes really good gear, but if you want to add DA Cards to a HAPI - they only come in 8-Channel packs. Generally studio gear and HiFi are uncomfortable bedfellows. Levels differ and many other areas are sufficiently divergent."

Thanks for this info. And I agree.

"Maybe, if Ethernet becomes dominant you can be sure there will be many Ethernet Band Aid's to deal with the problems and limitations inherent to Ethernet."

Really? I have not seen any Ethernet band aids yet, and its been used in audio for 10 years +.

"You must remember, everything that is re-purposed for a use not originally intended will have problems and limitations in the non-original application."

And that applies ESPECIALLY to USB and foxxcon computers.

"Pricing can be found. Compared to some High End gear out there it is pretty fair. But the unit is modular, so you buy the mainframe and add option modules."

Thanks.

While I have you..quick question on the iFi Micro iDSD. Curious about the the decision to use the OTG USB connection?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.