Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: One elegant approach

I looked at Abe's System and it is indeed very Tidy.... However the keyboard on the Audio Rack is not the direction I want to go....

Also, Abe is an Apple guy. Apple has a lot more sleeker options than PC. But I use PC because I can still get a small 10 inch laptop with PC and can't with Apple. I don't even mind Apple's Twice as much Price for everything as much as their small selection of products.

LMS still seems to be the 'King' as far as 'Music Controllers' that I've seen. It does pretty much every thing I want. The Squeezebox has served me well for 4 years. I would have thought by now someone would have come up with an 'Audiophile Version' of a Squeezebox with Equal Capabilities. (There ain't any yet!) - Many have tried, but they've all been lacking in functionality.

I think the guy that responded with a PC back in a Utility Room, with a USB cable routed to the Audio Room probably is the best bet, if you have to go this route. -- I could do that, if I had to. Meanwhile my 4 Squeezeboxes keep plugging along.... I worry more about LMS disappearing than the SBTs..... Especially with products like SoTM

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.