Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: For non Squeezebox Owners....How do you hook your PC to a DAC?....

If you have HDTV integrated into your audio system, you can use a small computer like the Hollis Audio Labs MS-1. That's what I used for more than a year along with a wireless keyboard. The HAL MS-1 sat just underneath my HDTV beside my Blu-Ray disc player and used the HDTV as its display.

Later I decided to replace my HAL MS-1 with an Oppo BDP-105D. The Oppo replaced my Blu-Ray player, DAC and CD player. It sits in my audio rack underneath my turntable. The Oppo BDP-105D plays digital files directly from USB flash drives that can be plugged into its three USB ports. There's no more need for a computer music server because the Oppo BDP-105D is a music server. It's also a CD player, SACD player, DAC and Blu-Ray player all in one. It connects to the internet for streaming music and video. It basically does everything except play vinyl.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: For non Squeezebox Owners....How do you hook your PC to a DAC?.... - John Elison 09:37:26 10/29/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.