Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Explanation of Digital Noise

The issue seems to me to be whether the effects Mercman heard are general or specific to his setup. It seems difficult to tune a filter system with inductors to a generalised improvement for all or many systems.

I am curious as to whether the carbon fibre tubes are there to add perceived value, or whether they serve a technical purpose on top of this.

Well before the 70s, Stan Curtis in UK published articles on the tuning of amps and preamps using deliberatively undersized power transformers. It is also well known that by bypassing rectifier diodes to suppress hf transients, one can improve the sound of audio systems. The isolator in question is no exception, although it's 'optimisation' may take some doing.

$4000 + $1200 cable, I'd have to have a prolonged listen to establish credibility.

ps: I can buy an Accuphase or PS audio regenerator for this, bearing in mind that one still needs to separate analog from digital equipment connected to it. I use up to 3 or 4 if I play vinyl.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.