Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: "enough already"

Hi Dave K:

I found the tone and content of your posts here to be most welcome.

Lots of thoughtful and neutral ideas.

On the Bryston, however, let me clarify a few things. I have talked extensively with the team there that developed and continues to develop the product.

First, their USB output is every bit the focus as is their AES/EBU and SPDIF outputs. As a matter of fact, they just released a BDP-USB, with USB output ONLY< and no soundcard.

Second, they strongly discourage the use of the display and the remote. The remote is really a system remote. There are several excellent control apps for iOS, and Android to control the BDPs. You can use a web browser too.

The product is based on Auraliti's architecture and was designed for local or ethernet file access.

Lastly, the BDP series can be used with internal storage, SS too, if you desire.

I have not needed support but when I monitor the message boards, the level of support is like nothing I have ever seen.

The Aries..yes a different animal but similar. They CLAIM it is not a streamer but it sure as heck is.

BTW, an upcoming firmware will unlock local file playback from directly connected storage.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "enough already" - Sprezza Tura 17:04:04 10/23/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.