Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Because some transports sound better than others

What is interesting is that Mercman proclaimed there was a "problem" on this board with Gordon Rankin.

I have NO problem with Gordon Rankin or his products, and by all accounts he has happy customers. It is with his posts.

Fmak, who i don't always agree with said some manufacturers go about brow beating here on this forum, and he is right.

If GR had take the tact of saying, "USB audio, you just may be surprised, give it a listen"...we get "Gang, USB audio BLOWS AWAY a $10,000 transport." That puts a HUGE bullseye between your eyes, sorry.

And we get things like Ethernet sucks for audio, when in fact it has been used in recording studios and in mission critical live audio applications for a decade plus. Then we here about an Ethernet product he developed, and now a DSD module, after proclaiming DoP worthless.

The fact is it has never been a good strategy to denigrate competitors or competing technologies to sell your product.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.