Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: The problem is the method used to evaluate DACs and digital sources

"One would think that vendors selling "high end" components would have addressed these issues."

Yes, one would. I surely do.

Traditionally "audio engineers" think that the world stops at 20Kc and that a single point ground is THE answer. They think (thought?) that because it was usefully true in the tube/analog days. Ah, the "good" old days, some audiophiles and manufacturers still live in them.

For the rest of us that era is long gone, whether for good or ill is blurry and personal. Actually EMC issues have been part of the engineering life since the days of the superregens but pervasive clocked digital systems have really brought it home, as it were.

"...That they do not, is an indication that the "high end" marketplace lacks knowledgeable customers."

I don't agree with that Tony. Customers are paying for performance and expertise, they surely can't be expected to all have the knowledge and skills necessary to analyze these complex systems. Reading AA provides solid proof that most don't even though they have an exceptionally high level of interest in the gear and it's performance.

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.