Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: You're right: it's your conclusions that are exaggerated

You clearly read and believe what you want to.

No one here is discussing "in" products, with the exception of the Auralic Aries, from a new company with only one well known product to its name.

However, Bryston, Naim, Linn, Pro-Ject, Marantz, and MANY others here that are discussed are companies that have long histories of making excellent products at all price points.

I have never discussed a digital product here that I have a personal interest in that cost more than $3500. My Bryston BDP-2 cost me $2500, which less than three audiophile local buddies spent on their cartridges, and heck, their tone arms.

One of the big mistakes very smart people in their field, and Thorsten clearly is, is that they think they can fake it in areas they have no first hand experience in. It rarely works.

Do your self a favor so you don't to be in the dark anymore as far as discussing computers versus purpose built audio products. Go and listen to several units you don't consider to be crazy expensive. You still may prefer your computer, that is fine. Those of us who have pursued both avenues have a reference.

Edits: 10/17/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.