Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Cannot set up a Computer for audio - get a network streamer

First, what networking overhead? Why do you need a NAS? The Mac Mini which I used for ripping, tagging, downloading, and managing my music library with 2 3TB drives attached IS my NAS. And it is nowhere near my systems.

In the 5+ years I have been on a network architecture I have never, NOT ONCE, EVER had to trouble shoot. When I test new streamers it is simply a matter of unplugging the Ethernet cable and plugging it back in. Then connecting out to the DAC, either with USB, or AES/EBU.

Never ONCE had to worry about playback software, O/S, computer isolation, or any of the nonsense folks here immerse them selves in,

The WiFi has utterly no relationship to the music. The tablet control point uses WiFi to browse the library. THAT IS IT. Some of my streamers do NOT even HAVE WiFi on board like the Bryston.

The VERY BEST part? I stream ONE SET of files to three full systems, with Naim, Bryston, and Simaudio streamers, with a fourth in the works.

You are painting a LOT of inaccurate pictures here. Continuously. And stubbornly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Cannot set up a Computer for audio - get a network streamer - Sprezza Tura 16:09:51 10/15/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.