Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

FWIW: you're a manufacturer

Speaking for myself: I extend you more respect because you're actually out there designing, building, and trying things.

So you're performing comparisons & experimenting.

"Clearly those people who routinely try to pretend that they are not computers and that they are somehow "better" than a general purpose"

I think that that statement, however, comes from a certain amount of lack of experiences on your part with the specific items in question. I suggest that if you don't know the items that Sprezza is referring to, that you familiarize yourself with them, as you talking Apples to Oranges when you mention anything to do with portable devices.

Your statement about these streamers having analog outs, is evidence. First, there are only 5 or so of these things on the market. Second, only two of them have non custom, (or manufacturer consulted/designed) mainboards. And those mainboards cannot be used as a general purpose computer, - (unless, as Tony elucidated below with the Rasberry Pi), they are highly modified. At least 3 of these streamers cannot be modified to be anything approaching a multi-faceted PC.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • FWIW: you're a manufacturer - Sordidman 13:23:05 10/14/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.