Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Yet another manufacturer going with the OEM StreamUnlimited solution

It looks like they're using a StreamUnlimited Stream700 board & software with the optional TFT display and Accustic Arts branding on the StreamUnlimited apps. Accustic Arts has provided the casework, power supply and DAC board. Just like nearly every other manufacturer who has introduced a streamer lately.

Aside from Linn and Lumin, I can't think of a single streamer that isn't based on an OEM board + apps from StreamUnlimited or Audivo, and both of those use the same BridgeCo network media processor on a chip and software stack. So these are all pretty much the same feature-wise, differing mainly by what generation/revision of the BridgeCo chip & software they're using.

I believe that is why you don't see more high end companies offering network streaming players with digital outputs only. Without the DAC section, there wouldn't be enough to differentiate one product from another and it would become a race to the lowest price point.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.