Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: See my question to you about Spread Spectrum below.

Hi,

> I believe that his experience, that it's all that's needed, stems
> from insufficient resolution of the system, in particular the
> computer that is so far from being optimized for audio playback,
> that it masks all the differences introduced by improved power supply.

Well, first, I believe Tony was asking for the physical/electrical process involved.

Second, before you diss someone's system, should you not at LEAST hear it?

Third, I suspect that your experience and Fred's stem from ignoring EE101 and basic physics and thus not fixing glaring, totally brutal "you are f..ked" level problems and trying to put sticky tape over the stable doors after not only the hoses have bolted but after the stable boys burned them down plus the barn and the Masters house and joined the revolution!

A little sticky tape will fix it. No need to actually understand what is going on.

And as a result finding that that any change (including a fly farting at 20' outside your window) changes the sound of the system, which is of course precisely what I would predict.

Fourth, have fun and ignore the man behind the curtain. It does not actually matter.

Thor

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to intolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.