Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Windows?

In the past Auralic had its own ActiveUSB

ActiveUSB™
Resorting to the ActiveUSB™ technology from AURALiC, ARK MX+ overcomes the
transmission limitation from traditional Asynchronous USB which could only adjust +/-
one clock cycle error of data package in isochronous clock. With mass data buffer
technology and multi-stage, high resolution PLL circuit, ARK MX+ could buffer audio
stream as long as 2 seconds, which prevent time-based jitter resulted from the limitation
of computer.

You can find this in the ARX MX+ manual.
As there is no reference on their website to this technology anymore, they maybe dropped it.

In case of USB audio dropouts are a matter of a system with a high latency.
The protocol might be async but this of course won’t help if the response of the PC is to slow.

I’m surprised by their recommendation to switch to Win.
I don’t think this as by magic will improve things as there are Win systems with a very high latency.
In the past I had a HP Envy laptop. Plenty of power but the only way to get a decent latency was to disable both the WiFi and the NVDIA display driver.

As faith would have it, I had a Vega on loan at that time.
Indeed even with the ActiveUSB (buffering 2 seconds!) I had dropouts on this laptop using the Exact mode when playing highres.

Buffering for 2 seconds and having dropouts defies my logic and all I know about async USB.

The Well Tempered Computer

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.