Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

What do you mean by "better?"

The blue jeans cable will have been individually tested, the monoprice cable not. Some folks may find value in that individual testing. That's certainly more than you get with another recently discussed Ethernet cable. For a lot less money too.

Do I think they will sound different? No. But then I don't think either will sound different than WiFi, unless the WiFi connection is poor, resulting in signal drop outs.

That's not to say that the OP may not have "new toy" syndrome and listen more intently to his stereo after he hooks up the new cable, in which case he will suddenly "hear" things that were there all along and be dazzled by the new "sound" of his stereo. After a week or so though, since there was no fundamental change in the actual sound of the system, it will go back to sounding like it always did. Only now he'll have an ugly cable in his home.

I think I know whereof I speak. Before I became Jaundiced I used to try out all sorts of tweaks and other nonsense such as making my own cables. I was always thrilled when I first plugged in the new goody (it almost always "improved" the sound), but I always noticed that "new sound" effect didn't last more than a few days. Indeed, often after a few days I was glad to pull the tweak out of the system and go back to the way it was. Which ironically also "improved" the sound.

We're all human. We all have very frail and fallible sensory apparatuses. Having been around the block I'm perfectly willing to admit that I can be fooled "some of the time." Whether I can be fooled "all of the time" is a different matter.

YMMV

JE

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.