Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

A divide by zero moment.

I prefer my humble little stereo over any live (amplified) music for a number of reasons, mostly because the people involved producing live music today are half-deaf iPod listeners and tune accordingly. Those flaws carry over to "reproduced" music, but at least there I am in control of some of the chain, and can limit the pain.

Shirly, this must be sarcasm, or reveals a truly sad state of affairs. My seat at my niece's most recent youth symphony recital was hard-left mid-hall, but I never expected it to suck as hard as you did. Not my preferred seat, but I was grooving hard on the amazing acoustics and ambiance. Your Victrola must be a simply stunning rig if live music comes as such a surprise.

"After the first movement, I was amazed by the truly 3 dimensional redition of the music, with accurate and holographics placement of the different instrument sections and with zero perception of hf agression as sometimes perceived in pcm recordings and playback."

Unless I have totally misunderstood, I envy your gear but also feel sorry that live music sounding better (again, un-amped or minus half-deaf iPodiots running the show) comes as a surprise.

Edits: 08/27/14 08/27/14 08/27/14 08/27/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.