Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: TUSBAudio SPY - Answer from Theyscon

I wait for the answer from Thesycon and here it is:

[...]Regarding the issue: This error indicates that the application (the player, e.g. foobar) was not able to provide audio buffers in time. But the correct interpretation depends on when the error happens: a) If the error is counting up while a song is playing then this indicates that there is a problem. b) If the error is counting up while the player switches from one song to the next, or during user-initiated start/stop transitions then this is normal behavior. Typically, during such transitions the player is not able to provide buffers in time. One should use Options - Clear in the menu to reset the counters and then watch carefully when the counter increments.

Note: [...]Spy Utility is intended to be used by developers and support staff only. Correct interpretation of the counters is not trivial. Due to internal implementation details some events show up as errors but are not really error conditions.

Maybe making the buffer in TUSBAudio Control Panel a little bit large could solve the issue (hoping it's indeed a real problem and not a 'hidden' code showed as an error, as Udo said above)?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/188902-xmos-based-asynchronous-usb-i2s-interface-212.html#post3987062

post 2111

It seems that a keen vendor like Lucian was able to get an answer from Theyscon whereas bigger players just keep their silence.

This goes someway in settling the matter when we hear no issues.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: TUSBAudio SPY - Answer from Theyscon - fmak 06:31:55 08/26/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.