Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Agree, I am a Bluesound owner

I didn't know they changed anything, Logitech generally seems very unwilling to do that in an existing model, usually change = new model/device. IOW I don't know what "version" I have. :)

When I said "not good enough", I just meant not close enough to my CDP into the same external DAC to "replace" it for more attentive listening, though via S/PDIF for the SBT vs the CDP's AES/EBU. Attaining closeness was my goal.

I later came to the conclusion through lots of screwing around that it's the AES/EBU interface with this particular DAC that's giving me the little bit "better" with the CDP, so I settled down and admitted the SBT as a source was pretty good. And I use it waaay more than the CDP, but the CDP has much more sonic flexibility due to its various interfaces and even its analog output is pretty decent.

So it's not like the SBT replaced anything, it's a convenient option and I hate to say that I seem to be choosing convenience a lot more these days than I used to...

Edit: as to if the "cloud"/remote server went away, it wouldn't affect my main/most important SBT use much AFAIK. I would only lose my external streaming capability, and not my internal (home) ability, right??

As to the external streaming, I think there are probably enough plugins (that I don't use now) to cover the few sources I do use. Being in Canada, half (or more) of the decent stuff is already unavailable to me without some jiggery-poke to spoof my location and payment.

Edits: 08/23/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.