Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Agree, I am a Bluesound owner

"Maybe it is time to sell mine as it will be useless for me when their cloud shuts down."

I'm concerned about that too. I bought an RPi to use as a local server but haven't finished the project since there hasn't been much need. But like you I figure it's just a matter of time. While I'm enjoying the device I think that the advantages of the thin client paradigm are long gone yet the liabilities linger. Fortunately their server has only been down once for any significant time since I've been using it.

I pretty-much only listen to classical music from public radio sources so I don't need an intermediary service which may be the main remaining advantage of their topology.

I REALLY like the convenience of local control and haven't noticed any sonic improvement turning off the display. Maybe that's not sufficient? Unfortunately the volume control does seem to degrade the sound which is a bummer as I could use it since I'm not currently using my remote control preamp. I've already used it enough to way amortize it's cost so whatever happens in the future I've no regrets...

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Agree, I am a Bluesound owner - rick_m 07:13:59 08/23/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.