Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Thanks for the link

. . . I'm the only one qualified to judge whether or not I am wasting my time.

This is true but, by the same token, I'm the only one qualified to judge whether you're wasting mine. The answer is yes because your approach is not sceptical (which is fine) but Philistine, i.e. ill-informed and irritatingly self-serving.

You bang on as if the issues JS was discussing were exotic, away-with-the-fairies stuff that no-one had ever encountered before and had credibility in audio circles such as AA only because participants (excepting you of course) are too naive to ask what you deem to be clever questions.

On the contrary, though he explains his points unusually well, they are familiar enough even to people who are (or, in my case, were) even peripherally involved in the minutiae of electronic design in the instrumentation field.

I first became involved with DACs over 40 years ago though (obviously) not in the audio sector. Nothing JS describes runs counter to my preliminary experiences way back then or to my somewhat wider exposure since.

So, instead of lecturing the rest of us on how dumb we are, why not tootle off, do some reading on the issues and come back when you have a bit more understanding and perhaps a more positive contribution to make?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.