Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Recording Vinyl to DSD

Presently, I use an Alesis Masterlink to make 24/96 digital recordings of vinyl. The Masterlink digital recorder also allows me to normalize volume, split tracks, insert fades in-between tracks in addition to a number of other DSP mastering functions that I do not use. My point is that I can record and master my recordings before burning a CD-24 to get my completed recordings out of the Masterlink and onto a computer hard drive to play in my music server.

I would like to replace my Masterlink with a TASCAM DA-3000 DSD recorder, but it has none of the mastering capabilities of the Alesis Masterlink. I would need to transfer raw DSD recordings to my computer for mastering. Is there some reasonably priced software available that would allow me to do the necessary normalization, crops, splits, and fades so I can produce a finished DSD file? It would also be nice to be able to remove clicks and pops, but that is not critical. I'm basically trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to upgrade from my old Alesis Masterlink to a new TASCAM DA-3000.

Thank you for any advice and guidance you may have to offer.

Best regards,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Recording Vinyl to DSD - John Elison 23:24:53 08/19/14 (22)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.