Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Looks like you asked the right question and I didn't answer it

So I tried it. I recorded a CD to disk and then tried to open it from Audacity in Windows 8. No go - says I need to rip the file to a format it understands, one of which is .wav.

Go to file manager and look at the CDRW and see a CDA file - length 1k. Look into properties and see it's a wave file with the appropriate content - much more than 1 k.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, the OP needs to know how to actually get access to the .wav information described by the header he has linked. The Korg and dBpoweramp software probably know how to read the .CDA file, extract the data then create the new .wav file on the Windows drive.

He hasn't given us an update yet but I'm hoping once he figures it out he lets us know the process on Linux. I looked briefly and as usual it kind of depends on what linux is being used. Most surely one could do it independently of UI from command window but who wants to work like that?

Edits: 08/18/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Looks like you asked the right question and I didn't answer it - Goober58 08:31:43 08/18/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.