Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

It's quite the opposite, IMO - there's no reason why they would sound the same, ...

... in the absence of a "perfect DAC". And that, the absence, is something you can certainly count on.

Totally different kinds of background system activity are involved, when playing local rips and streaming live from the Internet, even though of course part of the track is buffered. Which, in turn, means that sound quality is affected differently.

In my own tests, which I posted about before, file pulled from local SATA drive sounds better than the same one pulled from network drive, even though the network adapter and protocols are enabled in both cases. From my understanding of the processes involved with streaming, I would have to guess the sound quality in that case would have to be the worst of three.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • It's quite the opposite, IMO - there's no reason why they would sound the same, ... - carcass93 08:02:44 08/17/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.