Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: How to shorten USB Cable Run

I'm sure there are many possible solutions but a noisy PC and noisy disks are not the norm.

I'm using a Mac Mini right next to my DAC, and DAC right next to my amp. I have a solid-state disk and a spinning disk (5400rpm 2.5") in the Mini. While the Mini has a small quiet fan, it never comes on while playing music. Playing music takes very little resources that might heat up the computer. The entire setup is very quiet.

I use the portable iPad as a controller but wireless bluetooth keyboard and mouse work great too.... as does my iPhone.

For illustration purposes, iPad, iPhone, keyboard and mouse are all in the photo below. The Keyboard & Mouse would normally be stored away unless I needed them for some system maintenance. The iPhone is usually in my pocket where ever I happen to be. The iPad is usually at my desk across the room for controlling the Mac Mini.

Office Mac Mini setup, PS Audio DAC, bluetooth keyboard + mouse, iPad, iPhone, Sony Integrated Amp

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How to shorten USB Cable Run - AbeCollins 20:50:18 08/13/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.